Saturday 19 May 2012

Shah Rukh Khan says he was not drunk but the MCA officials manhandled his kids

B’town superstar, Shah Rukh Khan, who is often referred to as the King of Bollywood, not too long ago locked headlines in the country for smoking publically during a cricket match but this time the actor is in the news for an even more serious matter.
The 46-year-old, who has millions of fans all over the world, got into an ugly brawl with the MCA security officials at the Wankhede stadium last Wednesday night and now he might get a lifetime ban from entering the Wankhede Stadium. MCA officials have lodged a police complaint against the star, in which they have claimed that Khan was dead drunk and he abused them when they tried to stop him from playing on the pitch with a group of youngsters after the match.
 


Nevertheless, Khan, last Thursday, denied all accusations and claimed in front of the media that he was not drunk at all. SRK said that the MCA officials were the ones who abused and manhandled his kids.
“I was not drunk, I had gone to pick up my children. The officials were extremely aggressive. I just got angry but I left after that. I said a few things in anger. I was one and they were 20-25 officials and they were extremely rude. When I tried to answer them, they hid behind others,” Khan said.
Mumbai Cricket Association officials however rubbished Khan’s version of the fracas at the Stadium, saying his statement had no basis. “If that (abuse by MCA people) was the case, then why was the complaint lodged (against him). If he was not drunk then what was he inebriated with?” MCA treasurer Ravi Savant told reporters.
“I didn’t go for the match, I went to pick up my children. I have no clarification to give. They should look at their association and how they behave. They cannot, under the garb of security, be high-handed with people, especially children,” Khan had said at the media conference outside his Mumbai house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Comments